From:
"Rich, Grace" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:20:22 -0600
Hi Diane,

You wrote:

> I noticed that you have 12 vacancies left in the 176-108
> class.  What happened?  Did you scare everyone away?

It almost seems that way, doesn't it! I realize you were kidding, but I
have to admit that I'm curious, too, about why more students didn't
continue from the first certificate class to the second. I know of at
least one situation where the student will pick up the classes again in
the fall because her workload is just too busy in the spring. Perhaps
there are more of those kind of examples.

I'm serious, though, in asking if you can think of reasons why more
students didn't continue. I'm toying with writing the noncontinuers a
personal email message and asking. I don't want to put anyone on the
spot, but having real information gives something to work with. It's not
as entertaining as guessing, but it's probably more useful!

> If there are any big announcements I need to know about, please send
> them today, or realize that I won't see them until Tuesday.

Tuesday will be fine. The first assignments are very similar to the ones
in 176-105 anyway. You'll see when you get the email welcome message and
then log into your Blackboard course that I do need to hear from you by
Fri, Jan 20. But if you're reading your CVTC email on Tuesday, there
won't be a problem, nor will you get behind in the work.

> Time sure is going by fast.  Our "long break" is almost over.

I agree about the time thing. And I think the quotes should have been
around "break," not long! I worked on class material the entire time.
(She whined.) I think it's going to be a good semester, though!

I'll "talk" to you more next week. :)

--Grace

Grace E. Rich, PhD, CRM
Instructor, Business Technology Department
Chippewa Valley Technical College
620 West Clairemont Avenue
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715-858-1856