Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:58:47 EDT
Thanks Doug. This is helpful

Date:    Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:55:20 -0400
From:     "Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Question on  Imaging

Trudy,

There are a number of conversion tools available  that allow for conversion
between .tif and .pdf.  However, if any "full  text search" need is
anticipated in the future, I would opt for an initial  OCR, OR for an initial
conversion to a searchable .pdf.  Given that, I  would not recommend using
OCR and full text search as a replacement for a  good index for the
documents, although I've seen some prospects and customers  who seem to THINK
of that as a good idea.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM,  CDIA+

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of Chaos"
8440  Lanewood Circle
Leeds, AL 35094
Office: 205/699-8571    Cell: 205/266-8571
Fax: 205/699-3278
_www.filemanagement.com_ (http://www.filemanagement.com/)
22 years providing Business Management Services
See also -  _www.innovative-exteriors.biz_
(http://www.innovative-exteriors.biz/)