From:
"Bundy, Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:44:27 -0400
For the list,

    I am working with a group at this Laboratory seeking to establish a
digital repository for what we have termed "corporate memory assets" --
mostly legacy collections of textual and graphical content, including
photographs, and video and audio tapes.  Some of the content is already
in digital format, the rest will be scanned as it is ingested.  The
group includes reps from photographic services, the library, records,
and interested scientists and engineers.  Because of the significant
graphical content and other factors, the group has been looking at
digital asset management solutions and has agreed that Open Text's DAM
application called Artesia, seems to best fit the defined requirements.

    My question is there anyone out there who as operational experience
with Artesia, or experience with implementing a digital repository
managed by a digital asset management application?  Any insights into
justification based on costs and benefits, lessons learned, pitfalls to
look out for, and so on, would be much appreciated.  You can contact me
offline at [log in to unmask], or post directly to the list.

    Thanks for any help that may be forthcoming.

Dean Bundy, CRM
Naval Research Laboratory