From:
"Bundy, Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:03:12 -0400
    I was following this thread on hanging file folders and thinking
that no one with a serious interest in actually retrieving and re-using
what they filed would ever use them...and I saw Gary Vocks' post
mentioning Ike and Tina Turner.

    In the early 70's when I was a teenage kid working as a room service
busboy in the Las Vegas Hilton (then the International Hotel) I met Ike
and Tina several times on runs to their suite (they had a couple of gigs
a year in the Hilton's Lounge).  Ike was a surly dude, but Tina was kind
and gentle, very soft spoken, and she treated us lowly busboys quite
respectfully (in contrast to most of the other headliners, who treated
us like dogs).

    At any rate, a very nice lady, and she's certainly aged better than
me, too.

Dean Bundy, CRM
Naval Research Lab