From:
"Vercher, Julia A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:29:23 -0500
If the departing attorney represented a specific client and the client
requested that the files be given to that attorney then that is what
happens.  Obviously we get a request from the client in writing.  The
deal at this time is that we have the letter authorizing this
transaction but the files are in offsite storage and there is a large
cost associated with this and the departing attorney is having problems
with the cost.  As the firm as a whole received money during the
representation when he was at the firm he is having problems with this
decision.