From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:22:37 -0400
Ray,

If you're speaking about building the software in-house, then I would avoid
that like the plague!  Although there are risks in making any purchase that
you might contemplate, I'd never build a one-of-a-kind system that might
readily fall apart as budgets are constrained, or as staff departs.

While you might see some opportunities for customization to meet your
specific needs, it is very likely that you'll miss some critical
capabilities that will later hamstring you.  Beyond that, how many millions
of dollars would any firm be able to devote to building this one-of-a-kind
solution?

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+