From:
"Bundy, Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:06:01 -0400
Has anyone been reading the Microsoft RM blog, and if so, are there any
thoughts on what embedding RM functionality in the 07 releases of Office
and Outlook will mean for vendors of RM or CM applications?  Have I
missed some details, or an I correct in asking if I launch
Office/Exchange 07, why would I need an additional tool from Tower or
MDY or Stellent to do RM?  (I know a couple of these tools apply the
capture/retention for reuse/disposition paradigm to "content", meaning
the whole of an organization's accumulated information content, not just
the defined "records", and that may be a significant difference.)

At any rate, I'm curious about what the community may think of
Microsoft's foray into the RM world.

Dean Bundy, CRM
Naval Research Lab