From:
RMAA - CEO <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:04:28 +1100
Well, I must say I've enjoyed the discussions on the Listserv in relation to
this, and I'm surprised that it's raised more interest on this Listserv than
our own, however, I will clarify a few points that have been raised.

The CPD Scheme is compulsory for Professional Members only of the
RMAA....not for "membership" of the RMAA.  Any person interested in the RIM
field may become a member of the RMAA, but only persons who meet and apply
for Professional Membership are required to undertake the CPD Scheme.

Professional membership can be applied for through demonstration of all of
the following:

Formal qualifications, managerial experience and responsibility,
application and implementation of identified skills, contributions to the
profession (e.g. Lecturing, Articles, Publications etc)

Applications are approved (or rejected) by the Board of Directors.

There is no cost to apply for Professional Membership, nor is there any cost
to undertake the CPD scheme (to the member).

Our Professional Members receive additional discounts, may represent the
RMAA on committees, boards, standards etc., can serve on the Board of
Directors, vote on matters, advertise on our website as well as other
numerous benefits.

Members undertaking the CPD scheme, must compile a log for CPD activities
and provide this as well as supporting evidence which is then assessed by
the CEO.

If you have any questions, I am more than happy to address them, either
online or offline.

Regards

Kate

Kate Walker FRMA MAICD AMIM
MBA, BSc (BAdm), AdvDipBus (Rkg), DipBus(Adm)

Chief Executive Officer
RMAA - Records Management Association of Australasia

Phone: 0409 250 795
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Website:  www.rmaa.com.au

This email is solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain
information which is confidential or privileged.  Unauthorised use of its
contents is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately via return email and then delete the original
email.

We understand that email can be intrusive.  If you would prefer not to
receive this kind of email communication, simply follow the instructions
below:

1.  Click the REPLY button
2.  Type the word REMOVE in the subject field
3.  Click the SEND button