From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:43:26 -0700
Welllll, from memory Alaskan Airlines had a plane fall from the sky and
into the ocean a few years back.  Investigation revealed a lack of
maintenance, lack of records, falsified maintenance records, etc.
Again, this is from memory.  However, it was lack of maint., a
subsequent equipment failure, and no onsite inspection that caused the
accident.

If you see pilots walking around and inspecting the underside of your
plane before it takes off, it is because of a remedy for the perceived
lack of pilot personal responsibility issue as mentioned as contributing
to the accident above.

Enough nonspecific rambling for now

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/03 3:38 PM >>>
I have enjoyed it also.

What amazes me is the fact that every person responding seems to put
more effort on the all the acronyms behind their name then content
within their e-mail.

Personally, I couldn't decipher any of the certifications by acronym
alone and would prefer they be put into a resume vs. an e-mail
signature.

Keeping that thought in mind, I do respect the efforts of the many
that
do get certified in those areas.

On the other hand, professional development does occur with lessons
learned on the job... not just with being a professional student.

Nice thing about this job is... planes don't fall out of the sky
because
a RIM professional missed something.

Tommy

snip