From:
Chris Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:03:15 -0400
The North Carolina Archives and State Library of North Carolina are pleased
to announce:

The North Carolina State Government Web Site Archives,

http://www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/archives/webarchives/index.html

a program to preserve historical web sites created by North Carolina state
agencies.

The North Carolina State Archives and the State Library of North Carolina
have teamed up to offer the Web Site Archives, a tool that captures,
preserves, and provides easy access to state government information
previously available on the Web. Using this tool, citizens can freely access
Web-based state agency information and records from any Web-enabled device.
The Web Site Archives not only captures the information on the site, but
also renders the look and feel of the site, so that users can experience the
Web as it was at the time the information was posted there.

The Web Site Archives is powered by the Internet Archive, the company
responsible for the Wayback Machine.

For more information, please see our Web site at:
http://www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/archives/webarchives/index.html

Contact: Kelly Eubank
(919) 807-7355

Chris Black
Archivist
Electronic Records Unit
Department of Cultural Resources

4615 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-4615
Phone 919/807-7356
http://www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/records/

Opinions in this message might not represent the policies of this agency.

E-Mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public
business, is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be
disclosed to third parties.