Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:39:01 -0800
Since we can change the names to protect the .... I have one.

When I was working for a large company a few years ago a building at one of
the sites burned down losing all their documentation.  The records
management department was asked to see if we could locate documents/drawings
and make copies for the location, legal and insurance department.

The company had the foresight microfilm all their drawings and retained a
copy of the documentation on the original construction of the building.  We
were able to make copies of the "As Built" drawings and documentation and
made distribution to the requestor within 24 hours of the fire.  Because of
a proper system the insurance claim was settled in 6 months.  We were told
by an engineer it saved the company a lot of time and resources.

Bob Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting