From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:27:31 -0800
Larry Medina said:
>So, it wasn't just me, eh? =)

>I half expected to see "must be able to lift 35 pounds repetitively" in
>there at that rate, and was a bit surprised to see a requirement for a
>Master's and a desire for a CRM, or ability to obtain one... even the
>Canadians were offering more for someone to head up the education
>department's records efforts!

Well, the position is in Missouri and with state government.  They
expect a lot but are willing to pay little.  Guess the powers that be
figure you don't need a whole lot of money since there is not much in
Jefferson City to spend it on.  As I recall, about the only thing there
to speak of is state government.  Almost as uninviting as Bismarck, ND,
without the winter blizzards of course. :>)

Unfortunately, salaries within many state RM departments are typically
low.  I have seen one or two positions where the salary is somewhat
reasonable for what's asked for, but those tend to be the exceptions and
not the rules.

Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
San Diego, CA
TEL: 619-696-4671