From:
"Daulby, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 13:36:35 -0500
Hello All,
Last year the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) published
Electronic Records as Documentary Evidence (CAN 72.34-2005). This
document supports Canada's Evidence Act by providing guidance for
managing electronic records so that they may meet authenticity and
evidentiary requirements (for admissibility in court).  I was wondering
if Australia, UK and the US have comparable standards issued by national
standards boards or other governing bodies?

For the US I was able to locate, Legal Acceptance of Records Produced by
Information Technology Systems (ANSI/AIIM TR31-2004).

For Australia I was able to locate, Electronic Imaging - Recommendations
for the Management of Electronic Recording Systems for the Recording of
Documents that may be Required as Evidence, on WORM Optical Disk (HB
178-2003 : ISO/TR 12654).

For the UK I was able to locate Code of Practice for the Legal
Admissibility of Information Stored Electronically (BIP 0008:2004).

Am I missing anything?  Thanks in advance for your help, Lisa

Lisa Daulby
RBC Financial Group
416 348 3244

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.