From:
Dean DeBolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 14:57:35 -0600
I believe the writer meant in "final" form for permanent.   Governing
authorities will often have draft minutes, draft audits, and draft
reports that are considered "final" only
upon approval.   I suspect this is just a semantical error like when
folks send me records to be "archived" ... which they believe means
forever, some think it means
stored for them, etc.     In short keep the records in their permanent
(e.g. final form)
for five years.    Historically, of course, you should keep them much
longer--how are
you going to do a 25 or 50 year history of the hospital if you only have
the last five
years of the Board's minutes.

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian, Special Collections
John C. Pace Library, University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
850-474-2213