From:
Carrie Fager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:34:54 -0600
Since they were part of a federal election it would be 22 months per federal
law.  States would control the retention for purely non-federal elections

In Louisiana, most state election records are 6 months based on state law.
The promulgated results that are certified by the Secretary of State are
permanent along with various reports that are generated for statistical
purposes).  State statues also require registrars of voters in Louisiana to
maintain their voter registration records permanently.

Carrie Fager, CRM
Records Management
Louisiana State Archives
Phone: (225) 925-7552
Fax: (225) 922-1220

<<Now I don't know and have yet to find the retention period for this paper
record, but if it is for a reasonable period of time I hope they reconsider
the paper/printer used, as they are printed using a thermal process and I
know from experience that these can be easily damaged or destroyed by
exposure to heat - Just leave a thermal printed receipt in the bag with some
warm carry-out and see what happens!

Voter turnout in this area (Washington DC Metro) is reported heavy.  I was
in line when our local precinct opened at 7:00 this morning and the line was
longer than usual.

Hope everyone out there voting has a smooth experience.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM>>