From:
Janie Wait <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janie Wait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:34:15 -0700
Ginny,

You said:

Another note - the reason this technology has not "caught on" in
business is because, like microfilm, the images (and thus the
information) is static.  Once in place, they stay in place.  It is much
more useful to business to be able to sort, resort, search, combine,
re-combine, etc. business information and documents, which is what
electronic format offers.

We now have digital reader printers that allow us to seamlessly convert
from analog film or NORSAM technology on demand to digital Tiff or PDF
images, so maybe the technology WILL take off.

I have come to believe that this is a perfect marriage of technology.
Considering that industry statistics are that we will only need to retrieve
5-15% of our inactive records in typical business applications then you save
the
significantly higher expense of digitizing ALL your records in order to be
sure that small
percentage is available when you need it, get all the benefits of long term
storage
without technological obsolescence, have the ability to merge the data into
current
imaging and ECM programs and avoid the continual need for migration.

I ask you, can it get better than that?

Janie Wait, CRM, MBA
President
Director of Marketing