From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:28:20 -0800
http://snipurl.com/124ed

I keep saying this is an idea that's ahead of it's time and needs greater
controls placed on it.  My greatest concern is still persistent access to
content over the lifespan of the impacted patients, and the lack of
consensus based, balanced bodies developing Standards for the criteria to
evaluate these products by.... but this "shining example" failed because of
a simple power outage, scrambled data due to a failure to normalize source
data, etc.

We had ALL better start speaking our mind to our elected representatives
about the need for better controls to be placed on how EMR/EHR progresses
and is done, and I don't mean privacy... I mean RECORDS AND INFORMATION
MANAGEMENT practices!!

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/2017

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/1185

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/994

I've been "yelling at the rain" about this for over a year, I sure would
like to see some more knowledgeable voices join in.

Maybe most of us only have to worry about 20-30 years worth of our personal
medical history being lost, but think about your kids and grandkids whose
records are JUST STARTING to build up.  Where will they be in 60-70 years???

Larry
--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA