From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:07:02 -0800
On 11/13/06, Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Now Larry "Tell our audience what we have for our contestants behind
> door Number 2."  Standards in the making with ARMA as the lead dog.

Okay, okay...

Here's where we are and what you can do to get involved.  You don't need to
be an ARMA member to participate on a Task Force, but you do need to be a
memebr to be a Task Force Leader.  Go to www.arma.org and click on the
Standard link on the left side, and you'll be taken to the page with the
application to join.

Larry Medina
Chair, ARMA Standards Development Committee

Current ARMA SDC projects awaiting final editing, printing and release?

Guideline for Selection of Records and Information Storage Providers
    Final draft was available for viewing at Conference, Guideline should be
available to members by year's end

Records Management Responsibilities in Litigation Support
   Final draft was available for viewing at Conference, Guideline should be
available to members by year's end

Current ARMA SDC projects out for public ballot?

Conversion and Migration Criteria Standard
   Out for Public Ballot presently, depending on comments and resolution,
shoud be out early in 2007

Current ARMA SDC Projects in the "home stretch"?

Collaborative Environments Guideline
   Final editing taking place presently, Guideline should be available to
members early in 2007

Electronic Records Storage Guideline
   Final editing taking place presently, Guideline should be available to
members early in 2007

Glossary of RIM Terms
   Five year revision cycle completed, and decision made to move this from a
Standard to an on-line resource.  Should be available to members on the ARMA
Standards Web Page early in 2007

Controlled Vocabulary in Records and Information Management
   Final editing taking place presently, Guideline should be available to
members early in 2007

Current ARMA SDC Projects YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP TO WORK ON??????

Risk Management/Risk Mitigation   SDC Project Manager - Deb Dotson**

This project is intended to explore the risks faced by organizations related
to records and information management and possible actions to mitigate those
risks. The project addresses potential risk in the legal and regulatory
environment, corporate policy and procedures, and other sources faced by
employees and stakeholders of an organization. It will also identify
potential risks in the electronic information management environment and
explore technology as a possible solution to risk mitigation.
project. *
Task Force Leader: Vicki Lemieux
*
*

Business Process Analysis Guideline   SDC Project Manager - Deb Dotson**

This guideline will define Business Process Analysis and its importance
within RIM and the organization. It will address specific issues related to
records and information management practices and processes that require an
analysis prior to considering the implementation of any form of technology.

Task Force Leader: TBD
*
*

Developing Digital Format Information and Records Management Methodology
SDC Project Manager - William Roach**
This document will investigate the various methods being used to gather,
catalog, index and manage records and information generated in native
applications ("electronic records"). The images resulting from the scanning
and imaging of paper source documents stored electronically ("electronic
objects"), and other forms of information stored in electronic formats
("digital assets") will also be included in this guideline.
*Task Force Leader: TBD

*

External Review Task Force   SDC Project Manager - Larry Medina**

This task force is concerned with soliciting responses to various proposed
standards and initiatives from a variety of organizations where a RIM
perspective is relevant. The External Review task force will be called upon
for comments based on their respective area of expertise.

ISO 15489 Implementation Guideline    SDC Project Manager - Larry Medina**

This task force will be involved with promoting a better understanding and
wider acceptance within the U.S. of the international standard, ISO 15489.
RIM professionals will use this guideline to facilitate the adoption of
ISO15489 practices within their organizations.*
*

Task Force Leader: TBD
*
***