From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:13:08 -0700
Gerry,

there are four factors for determining records value. they are:

Administrative
legal
fiscal
historical

You will hear foks tell you there are more, there isn't.
there is no shortcut to good records scheduling.
having said that, the Sate of Idaho screen scraped the Oregon retention
schedule, removed most of the specific cites from Oregon, adn inserted
"Idaho" where they could. the schedule was in place as required by code, but
it really sucked (RM technical term).

In short yo ucan get a schedule, change the title page and use it, but....

If you insist on doing it yourself, I recommend you search out a general
retention schedule from a like minded person, just as you are doing, and
then put some real effort into matchng it to your specific circumsatnces.
Good luck,

of Course you could always hire someone to do it for you.

Chris Flynn