From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:35:47 -0500
Hi Steve!

I would ask "why" re: the flowchart.  If it is to show the path a
"record" takes to illustrate RM operational process then that's a fine
place to start (and something I've been working on all day!).

However, if the workflow is supposed to be showing the lifecycle of
"information", then the "records" portion would only be one of at least
a few potential paths in the chart, hence your argument.  Throw in the
bit about discovery cares less about record status and you're in even
more trouble.

They may be pushing you to do the "records" flow because that's where
they feel your expertise lies?  Perhaps they've got someone else doing
the first part and/or alternate paths in the info lifecycle (read: IT)?

And while I hate to type these words, I have to disagree a little with
Ginny - not all records are documents anymore.

Have a great day y'all!

Julie