From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:18:29 -0500
I concur with Gary.  This is necessary, as you need to map out the processes, similar to workflow and tracking.  How does information flow in the organization and to whom.  The purpose of process mapping is to use diagrams/symbols to understand the process being used at present and to have a clearer understanding what you are doing.  This will provide you with a clear picture of what you are doing vis-à-vis what you should be doing.  When looking at an ERMS/EDMS you have to understand the flow of information in the organization (from a corporate standpoint).  Where it originates, for what purpose, where does it go, who approves it etc.  Cheers.

John Gervais
613-946-0245
mailto:[log in to unmask]

The opinions expressed in this post are personal and do not represent that of my employers.