From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:30:37 -0500
Sounds like you're well on your way.  Unfortunately, as Sandra
mentioned, sharing actual SLAs would generally be against the rules.  I
might suggest you take a different approach and see if anyone would mind
vetting yours for you.  However then again, you might not be able to
share them either!  Kind of a catch-22 ...

If there are specific areas of what you have developed that you are
feeling uneasy about or would like to make a bit more definitive or
robust, perhaps post the task and desired outcome to the list and ask
what others would expect as a SLA to support achieving the outcome.

In a former life I was on the "outside", providing services to the
industry, and was typically the one to initially develop the SLAs which
my clients would then further customize to their
environment/expectations.  Of course, whenever they did that, we had to
also look again at the pricing to make sure the expected outcomes were
supported by the available funding (unfortunately I never found a way to
give them the Dream for a Dollar!).

Julie