From:
Andy Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:43:10 -0500
During FY 07, NARA's Northeast Region will deliver most of our records
management training online via "webinars".  Each of these instructor-led
workshops will be taught in 90-minute segments over several weeks.  Like
our in-person training, our webinar participants will be able to
interact with their instructor "live".  We've adapted each workshop's
skill-building activities for the online environment by addressing
participant's workplace filing systems.  We're also providing
complimentary weekly online chats for participants to ask the instructor
additional questions.

Basic Records Operations:  March 6, 13, 20, 27 and April 10 at 10:00
EST
Cost:  $125 (early bird), $150 (one week prior to class)

On March 6, we will begin our second online offering.  We are pleased
to present our Basic Records Operations course in 5 sessions.  Basic
Records Operations describes what to file, how to file it, and how to
remove files no longer needed for current business. It covers the
variety of activities involved in the maintenance and use, as well as
the disposition, of Federal records. It presents practical how-to's in
handling records of various types.

The target audience for this course is records liaisons, secretaries,
files custodians, and others who maintain records as part of their jobs.
It could be an introduction to records handling or a refresher course.
The course is designed for those needing task-oriented records
management basics.

Register at https://nara.learn.com

Visit NARA's Northeast Region
http://www.archives.gov/northeast/agencies/records-mgmt/index.html
for more information.  Contact us at [log in to unmask] with questions.

Andy Potter
Archivist
NARA's Northeast Region
(413) 236-3605