From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:26:16 -0600
Alex,

>We are implementing ECM at our organization, and a question has been posed
>as to how is accurate OCR is, or how is OCR accuracy validated.

Garbage in, Garbage out.

validation comes two ways, automatically, through whichever tool you are
using and visually. Claims of 95% are pretty common (my son claims all his
homework is done and tuned in as wel). we cehck both the same way. We either
accept the claim that everything is there or we inspect visually (be
prepared to be disappointed). This leads inevitably to irritating
conversations (and I told you so's from those who always know beter) I
recomend you find a couple of good tools go see an operation that is doing
it and see if you really want to do it. It could be a lot of long days
trying to remember long division :)

Chris Flynn