From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 19:00:47 -0500
One good question that a Records and Information Manager might ask
himself or herself with regard to the Chapter 4 compliance is whether
they would plan on implementing the "security requirements" as defined
in DoD 5015.2.  Beyond those who work for the Department of Defense, I'd
be interested in hearing who might have implemented a solution and how
they applied the Chapter 4 requirements to their circumstances.

I tend to agree with Jesse on this and with others, that if it is
certified, that unless the Chapter 4 Requirements are critical or very
relevant to an organization that one should not reject any product from
consideration, merely because it did not encompass the optional Chapter
4 compliance.  The key questions then might well be how well the product
performs, how well it fits within an existing ECM solution, etc.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+