From:
Simon DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:47:41 -0400
After some actual review, instead of going with what I thought I knew I
have the following corrections:

Meanwhile I still believe that the current SharePoint is not a RMA, I
have to admit that there is a possibility that after the update that
SharePoint could become a RMA. This I had to admit after reviewing:

http://www.appliedis.com/Library/Military%20Grade%20Compliance%20for%20S
harePoint%20vfweb.pdf

Furthermore I know now that there is a new 5015.2-STD (April 2007) which
put the red herrings on chapter 6.

I continue to believe that the RMA that are Chapter 4 certified can be
100% trusted to give me the security capabilities that I need. The RMA
that are Chapter 4 certified have proven that there security
requirements flexible enough to satisfy DOD needs and with that should
satisfied my potential needs as well. The requirements of Chapter 4 are
specific but the way you can achieve them are broad enough.

Why would I want review 50 RMA when I can review only review 12 that
already have proven themselves as superior (disclaimer that is just my
opinion).

No matter what Microsoft is a newcomer in the RMA area and I would
recommend everybody to not *only* review SharePoint as your potential
solution.
We reviewed 10 RMA before selecting the one we have now.

Now Don Lueders is the Demo shown on this site still correct?
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA102045611033.aspx
How do users access records that are stored at the Records Center site?
How do you set access controls to regulate access to the records at the
Records Center site?
Can a user select from a variety of Record Plan Items when sending
records from the their SharePoint site to the Records Center site? How
is that done?
Can you manage Physical Records with the Records Center site?

Simon De Witt