From:
Melissa Guenther <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:39:52 -0700
The best definition I've used that has worked very well for me is the
following:
Picture a large Circle - everything within the large circle is Company
Information
Now picture a smaller circle within the larger circle - everything
within the smaller circle is Company Record
Now picture an even smaller circle within the second circle - all that
is Company Business Records

A Company Business Record is a Company Record that:
1) Is necessary for the ongoing business operations of the Company, or
to comply with legal, tax or other regulatory requirements AND;
2) Documents business decisions, transactions, policies or positions,
operations or other official business of Company; AND
3) Falls within the description of a Record Retention Series or type in
the Company Record Retention Schedule/