From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:19:39 -0700
On 6/20/07, Susan Beamer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi all, has anyone seen or used this pdf "Records Retention"  Deciding
> Which Financial Records to Keep"?  I want to know if it is worth the
> purchase.  It comes from AICPA web site, but our CPAs just have general
> membership to AICPA.  To get to this doc requires a membership to another
> section and that costs an added $200.  Before I ask if we can 'buy' it I
> wanted some feed back on if it's purchase is worth the cost.  I found out
> about it on the archives of the listserv.  Thanks for the insight.  Susan

My gut reaction is given who you work for, NO it wouldn't be worth what it
costs.

Likely, you will have to do specific research related to the states you're
based in and any federal requirements set to determine what the minimum
regulated requirements are for your organization, then evaluate any business
needs you may have that exceed those.

I don't even know if the AICPA document provides citations you can reference
to verify/validate if the time frames in the document are still valid...
they may have been valid when the PDF was generated, but they might have
changed since then.

Larry

--
Larry Medina