From:
"Alfaro, Vladimir" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 15:50:25 -0400
Well done, Jesse!  In fact, after 14 years of reporting directly to the
CLO, I now report to the CFO, as does the head of IT. I think as RM,
sometimes we place too much emphasis on our reporting lines.  While RM
continues to have the importance as a legal dicipline, having gone thru'
the recent change, I see that what is most important is to have a clear
vision and be able to sell the vision to others.  No matter to whom you
report, if you don't have the vision (and if you are unable to sell it)
and show the value you bring as RM to your organization, then it matters
little your reporting line...My .2 cents....Have a great 4th eveyone!!