From:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:15:24 -0400
We are attempting to get our arms around all of the off-site records storage and do a single contract for the US.

One of many items to surface is bonding of the records storage employees.  My minimal research indicates that bonding is usually to protect against dishonest actions such as larceny, theft, embezzlement, forgery, misappropriation, wrongful abstraction, willful misapplication or other fraudlent or dishonest acts committed by an eployee.

Do any of the listserve lurkers do a national records storage contract?
Do you require bonding for the vendors employees or is it enough for the vendor to show proof of insurance?

What insurance requirements do you require?  General Liability Coverage?
Proper insurance coverage in the event of disaster?  Warehouseman's legal liability coverage?  or something else?  What about proper vehicle insurance for delivery vehicles?

What about those companies that are self insured?  And just what exactly does that mean?

Anyway any insight into this would be most enlightening.

Tom Owens
Records & Information Analyst