From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:31:09 -0600
Hi folks, I'm passing on a request from a Purchasing Officer in a nearby
city, and since I  must confess to you all that we don't have such a
policy per se in my city (so naturally I'm interested in what you've
got) and I'm tied up with another project today so don't have time to
respond, I was hoping one or two of you would be willing to respond so
that I can pass on your wisdom.  Many thanks! And yes, Peter, I'll check
the RM Archives, just can't do it now.

Here's the question:
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:14 AM

Does anyone have a Records Management Policy that addresses quality
standards for scanning, indexing, retention, and destruction of all
electronic records?  And, did you use a Certified Records Manager to
draft that policy?

Thanks very much in advance for your responses.
Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood CO 80226-3127
Direct: 303-987-7091  Fax: 303-987-7088
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.lakewood.org
Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available
when needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3)
Non-permanent records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4)
Discarded paper is recycled.