From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:26:42 -0400
On 7/19/07, Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am wondering how this can possibly take into account each individual
> organization's specific operational and fiscal requirements; as well as
> systems, process and workflow; which can and does affect retention
> policy.

Steve
I don't disagree with you or LarryM, but I wonder how many folks have
registered and looked at the wiki set up by the General Counsels
Roundtable.. I have. and since it is a work in progress there is a lot
more that can be do there. Think of it as one of many resources that
are available to us. When I was at Nextel I had access to the
materials produced by the GCR on records management. They do an
excellent job and their resources are awesome. I attended a one-day
conference in DC at the facility one year. In the audience were GCs or
AGCs (assistant/associate general counsels) from many Fortune 500
companies. I was one of handful of records professional in attendance.
It was a very fruitful day.

So rather than be nay-saying about the website and pointing out what
it lacks, lets look upon it as an opportunity for the RIM profession
to work together in a colloborative manner.  The GCR has identified a
large number of record types, now it is up to us to provide the meat
to the skeleton. We whine constantly about how no one takes RIM
seriously well here is an opportunity to partner with someone who does
take us seriously.

I for one will be adding my knowledge to the site.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va