From:
"Thivierge, Lynda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:23:37 -0400
I think this is a fantastic idea and could potentially save many of us lots
of valuable time.  We are in the process of revising our own Retention
Schedule on a global basis, and would most certainly find this extremely
useful.  It is a great deal of work to inventory and schedule record series,
and there are common records that everyone deals with.

It seems to me that the RM community needs more of these tools that serve as
a basis for everyone.  Libraries have local requirements but they have
suites of tools at their disposal to allow them to provide excellent
service.  It is about time that the RM community had the same resources to
build upon.

Of course there will be local variables, but let's start with something
rather than re-inventing the wheel.

Lynda Thivierge
Lynda Thivierge
Manager, Library & Records Management Services
SNC-Lavalin Inc.
455 René-Levesque West
Montreal, PQ                        v. 514-393-1000 ext.2888
H2Z 1Z3                                f   514-876-8863
www.snclavalin.com             [log in to unmask]