From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:20:15 -0400
On Jul 20, 2007, at 12:01 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Have any of you bought or checked into an iPhone? Another very cool
> device.
> I will get one once the second generation comes out.
>
> Rock on!
> Sharon Burnett
> Seattle WA

I have heard that the phone interfere with other WiFi networks so
while they are operating, they jam the network for other systems.
Apple is working on a fix.  But I think it is cool that it acts as a
jamming device without even trying.  Now counter that with the new
Microsoft device that can download photos from cameras and data from
computers and PDA's by merely placing them on the surface and you
have the same spying capability of the Cold War where countries spied
on each others' embassies.

We keep bringing the technology that was millions of dollars down to
the masses.  The table top device would force everyone to go to
encryption as nothing would be secure.  How would you ever practice
security for Identity protection or secure competitive intelligence?

Devices that can read other devices by merely being proximate to them
opens a whole new world of risk.

Maybe we can invent a unit that will allow a voter to lay his head on
the screen and divine who that voter wants to vote for, since no
voting machine is ever simple enough for Americans to use effectively.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM