From:
"Van Horn, Neal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:33:33 -0700
Where the rubber meets the road in this discussion is how those in the
government "act" by virtue of their planning, strategic statements,
missions development, etc.  Governments do not plan to manage "content"
they plan to manage "computer" resources. The biggest user of "computer"
resources is the financial systems. It thus follows that those
applications (SAP, Lawson etc.) are asked to manage or add modules to
their massive programs to manage HR functions, loan servicing modules,
and at the very end of the list, positioned under the category called
"other" is "records management" or record retention.

So our government does not think content management or retention
management but thinks 'financial systems management' or enterprise
resource planning (ERP) followed by "all the rest of the activities".

Signed

A records manger who is being steam rolled by reality.