From:
Gretta Thorson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:24:40 -0400
My interpretation of the Minnesota statute (MR 3315.1010) is the 8 years
does not pertain to employee schedules or timecards because it never
specifically asks for beginning and ending times of work.  Some state
statutes do ask for beginning and ending times of work.

However, the 8 years does pertain to data supporting the total amount paid
to the employee, the wage rate, and what the pay period was. Keep in mind
the statute is related to unemployment compensation, not EEOC.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone agrees or disagrees with this
interpretation.

Gretta Thorson
Lead Process Analyst
Target