From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:12:25 -0700

I'm not a CRM (yet) and I don't play one on TV, but can't you get a CRM
with pretty much vertical experience? So it could be a CRM has moved to
a new industry where he/she has never had to deal with certain issues
(public vs partnership, govt vs private) and has just not run across or
wasn't concerned with the issue on a day-to-day basis before. Not to
mention, a CRM may have been doing the "basics" a certain way for years,
but just wants some new perspective.

I know that I'm great at taking tests, but lousy at remembering what I
supposedly knew 2 weeks later. I have to actively be involved with
performing tasks for something to really sink in. My BA had a
concentration in Finance/Economics, but I never actually WORKED in
Finance or used the info -- other than in a very broad way -- since I
left school. I was totally lost when my daughter wanted help with her
high school Econ.

Once I get around to taking the exams, I have no doubt I'll pass, but
I'll undoubtedly be one of those CRMs who ask "dumb" questions!

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes