Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 15:16:04 -0700
As promised, the following is my cut on the retention requirements for
personnel files of terminated employees.  I hope it is of some use.

If someone has additional ones that strictly apply to the "Personnel File",
feel free to add to the list.

Again, I appreciate your input on the survey.  REMEMBER:  The survey applied
to the PRIVATE sector.

Bob Dalton, CRM

Dalton Consulting

Personnel Records (May also be called a Personal History File)

Should not include the I-9, Medical Records and any other records that may
require a separate record series because of other legal requirements,
portions of FMLA records as an example.

Schedule Description

Records in this series include, but are not limited to:

.  Address Changes

.  Application for Employment

.  Birth certificate

.  College Transcripts