From:
"Garner, Stephen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:47:25 -0500
I would not agree 100%; in the instance where the law firm Records
Manager also manages the Conflict of Interest function, having your JD
can be beneficial.

Despite having managed both functions (and another) for a 500 attorney
firm, I would have been excluded from consideration for comparable
positions at similarly (or larger) sized firms requiring the JD.

Generally, though, the JD is not a requirement and certainly does not
supplant solid experience in the legal vertical.

Stephen M. Garner
Records Manager
PBMS/Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP
Direct:  312-443-0631