From:
"Garner, Stephen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:35:37 -0500

It might be safe to assume that civil service systems are not known for
their playful humor, either.

Stephen M. Garner
Records Manager
PBMS/Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP
Direct:  312-443-0631
Cellular:  407-484-4211

Chris, civil service systems are not known for their flexibility,
especially on basic issues such as educational qualifications. Some
years ago, I had to appeal a decision that my French university degree
was equivalent to a B.A.---this AFTER getting into the Masters program
at Columbia University School of Library Service!

I'll ask about deferring (not waiving) the degree requirement, but it's
safe to assume it won't happen.

Best regards.

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin
Deputy Commissioner and Chief Information Officer The City of New York,
Department of Records
Email: [log in to unmask]
Land phone: 212.788.8615
Cell phone: 347.436.5360