From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:17:52 -0500
On Jan 11, 2008 6:33 PM, Vicki Huntsman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> II really appreciate the information I have been picking up, and had no
> intention of being a "peeping records person" - please accept my apologies
> if this "lurking" is disturbing to you.

I would say about 80% of the list are lurkers, nothing wrong with being a
lurker. At some point in time even lurkers come forth and offer a cogent
piece of advice. This place is a like one giant party with all sorts in
attendance

so welcome aboard, and thanks to all the others who have introduced
themselves and since introductions are in order let me introduce myself to
those who don't know

I've been in records management since 1980 actually starting in the archives
management field as a photographic archivist managing a collection that
comprised over a quarter million images.  I moved over to RM because I
wanted to be at the beginning of the process and frankly to be able to earn
more money to support a family. I've worked in the oil and gas industry,
systems integration and telecom. Since 2005 i've been working for one of the
major software companies. I started with FileNet and stayed with them when
IBM acquired them in 2006. I'm part of a great team of fellows who assist
our customers in implementing our applications. John Frost the current
President of ARMA is part of the team too. I gained my CRM designation back
in 1988 back when the exams were written using chisels and stone. I gained
the CA designation in 1992

most of you know me from RAIN and this list. I've been 'publishing' RAIN
(Records/Archives In the News) since 1996 in one way or another. I've been
one of the listadmins here since about 2000.

The list is an amazing resource. It can get crazy at times, but stick with
and you'll learn a lot. And if you go to the ARMA Conference you'll be able
to me fellow members of the list at the Saturday listserv meetup. go to this
link to see what past meetups look like http://www.flickr.com/photos/pak152/

anyway thats me in a nutshell

pak
--