From:
Susan Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:43:54 -0500
Jesse,
I don't think the issue is whether RM understands IT or IT understands
RM.  It's really language that causes the problems.  RM speak and IT
speak are not quite the same though many of the words and concepts sound
identical.  People are sure they understand each other because they are
using the same words - and then find out the words are being used to
mean different things.

I can say that because I've been in both worlds.  I was a systems
analyst specializing in databases for years before I ended up in library
school at MD taking the archives and records management track.

I started reading the listserv in 2002 and participated for awhile.
Then job demands took me away.  I'm back to it now and find it a very
valuable tool for keeping current, asking questions and seeing what
other people are doing.

Does anyone know what happened to Sonny and the Friday flowers?

Susan Fitch Brown
202-493-6142