From:
Julia Kuksin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:46:31 +0000
I think it depends on your organisation needs.
In our organisation we definitely got for the option 3, which means in
our case keeping the index and the metadata (keywords),
but flag the document as "Destroyed".

Working in a medical industry we are closely monitored by the media,
the parliament and the public.
European regulations require keeping all the documents for NOT LESS
then 30 years.
So we have to have a proof at hand that we were acting in accordance
with the medical regulations,
data protection act and common sense.

Will be interested in other people's opinions.

Julia

Julia Kuksin
SNBTS Records Management Officer
Registry, Head Office, rm. 8
SNBTS 21 Ellen's Glen Road
Edinburgh
Tel. (0131) 536 57 96

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/23/08 04:30pm >>>
I chose Number 3. That way you can prove that there were records, and
you know what was there, so you aren's sent on a wild goose chase
looking for any other records.

Joan Brunning-Symons
File Coordinator
Shindico Realty Inc.
200 - 1355 Taylor Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Y9
Direct  (204) 928-8218
Fax     (204) 284-7115
www.shindico.com <http://www.shindico.com/>
CONFIDENTIAL:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender or forward to
the intended recipient. Thank you