Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:19:26 -0500
On 2/3/08, Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Any comments from the list?  I thought it would be a good Super Bowl
records
> management topic.

Being a Boys fan too, I chose between the lesser of two evils and that was
the Giants.  They played a great game last night in one of the more
memorable Super Bowls I have ever seen.  I am still puzzled why
Commissioner Goodell destroyed the tapes so quickly after completing the
Spygate investigation.  Apparently their retention schedule was something
like "Completion of Investigation + 5 minutes."  I think I saw somewhere
that Commissionner Goodell did that because he didn't want anyone using the
tapes against the Patriots in the future.  If Senator Specter feels that
the Eagles may have been wronged, he won't let go.  Funny how additional
allegations came out about the Patriots taping the final walk through of
the Rams before their Super Bowl in 2002.  It's strange that a team as good
as the Patriots, and they are good, would stoop to cheating.  The fines
levied by the NFL were chump change in the grand scheme of things and
forfeiting a draft pick is meaningless when they have the 7th overall pick
this year from the 49ers anyway.  The football gods spoke last night in
denying the Patriots their perfect season in the midst of Spygate and their
name was the Giants.  What a great game!

Thanks,
Stephen A. Smith, MLIS, CDIA+
Records Manager
QVC, Inc. Information Services
Phone - (484) 701-1559
Fax - (484) 701-1984

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.