From:
Charles Childress <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:17:20 -0500
> Continued problems with ARMS led the Bush administration to scrap it.
> Between 2002 and 2004, it switched from Lotus Notes to Microsoft
> Outlook and now uses the archive function in Microsoft Exchange.

My understanding is that this practice actually pulls the email off of
the Exchange server (permanently) and places it on the hard drive of
the person's PC or Laptop. At this point the message is beyond any
administrative control grid (other than policy or regulatory
requirement) and can be easily deleted form the person's computer hard
drive. Hopefully others can verify this as fact or fiction. Anyway,
depending on your perspective, it's either a god send or a nightmare
scenario. :)

Charles