From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:51:00 -0500
On Feb 11, 2008 2:27 PM, bobd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Sorry ... deleted the message that was discussing engineers habit of
> retaining everything and a lady on the list tried to convince her brother
> (an engineer) that he didn't need to retain.

sorry bob but you misread what i meant. My brother believed that the work he
did as an engineer for a company were his records and not the company's. I
tried to point out the error. FredG pointed out that photographers and
videographers too can do work for companies in which the copywrite resides
with them unless the company uses a 'work for hire' contract.

>  If a professional civil
> engineer signs the seal on a drawing he has the responsibility to retain
> permanently (or life of asset/entity) the drawings and documents
> pertaining
> to the project.

you're correct especially if the PE is a  consulting PE, but I believe the
discussion revolves around engineers who are fulltime employees of a company
and not a consultant.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va