From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:10:16 -0500
On Feb 13, 2008 12:44 PM, Chris Browne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Mr. Aiello stated that the material was destroyed to ensure
> that they were not available to benefit any of the other 32 teams. As
> Records Managers, we can see the fault in this logic immediately: if the
> NFL believed they had the original and only copies of the information,
> then obviously it would not be available for use by any of the 32 teams;
> as such, there would be no reason to destroy the tapes and notes so
> quickly.

i'll have to disagree with this assumption. I see too many articles related
to trade secret theft etc. Unless the tapes and other information were
stored like the Coca-Cola formula I would suspect that some employee would
get it in their head to copy one or more of the videos.

the only way to ensure that the material could not be shared with the other
teams was to destroy it.

as for the Congressional investigation it is a load of hoo-ha, and the
Congress has more important things to do.
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va