Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:29:33 -0500
On February 13, 2008, Steven wrote:

"A point to remember about baseball.   When many of these alleged
transgressions were alleged to transpire, these were not illegal."

Congress does have better things to do today, but one thing we all need to remember is that steroids are illegal unless prescribed by a doctor.  And when I say doctor, I don't mean a dentist that some of these "professionals" found on the internet.  It doesn't matter if MLB didn't have a policy in place to test for steroid use (and more recently HGH) when these acts were alleged to have taken place.  Illegal drug use is illegal drug use and these people should know better.  Using performance enhancing drugs to gain a competitive edge is a disgrace.  It is a disgrace to all athletes who do it the right way instead of trying to take short cuts.  I hope every wanna be athlete in high school and college is paying very close attention to what can happen.  Aside from the legal implications, these kinds of drugs have very adverse side effects one of which is death!

I am officially off my sports related soap box, for now...

Thanks,
Stephen A. Smith, MLIS, CDIA+
Records Manager
QVC, Inc. Information Services