From:
Matthew Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:19:05 +0900
"Matthew:

I am curious as to what MLIS program you are going to apply to that offers a
specialization in RIM.  Can you share that with the list?"
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for asking, I am very interested in hearing your and other's
thoughts of these programs.  No program that I found offered a
"specialization" in just Records and Information Management.  In the case of
four of the programs I found I would take courses relevant to Records and
Information Management within their Archives and Records Administration
program.  I also chose the University of Illinois, Urbana Champagne because
they allow you to design your own program and offer some courses relevant to
records and information management.

Of these programs, only two; the University of Texas, Austin, and the
University of Long Island, C.W. Post had Certified Records Managers teaching
at least one of the records management courses.

Here is the list, I appreciate any feedback anyone may have.

University of Illinois, Urbana Champaigne
http://www.lis.uiuc.edu/programs/ms/#curriculum

Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus
http://www.cwpost.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/cics/cert_records.html

The University of Maryland,
http://www.clis.umd.edu/programs/archives_program.shtm

University of Michigan