From:
John James O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 06:54:08 +0700
I'm inclined to agree with Ben Greene that experience tells - the
certification is, after all, about theory put into practice!  I found
an earlier version of the Robek, Maedke and Brown work to be
especially useful, along with the school of hard knocks in a range of
roles.  And, I found some other works far to based in the theory of
how things ought to be, or focused in minutiae on "how" instead of
"why".

Now I am writing toward publication of a knowledge resource
development model which incorporates the management of multimedia
recorded information resources as a critical underpinning. We take a
holistic view and write from a senior management perspective on the
value of people and the information they create, receive, rely upon,
etc.  Specific methods for application of the model, case examples,
etc. will be included.

If you have views on what has been missing from your research in
preparation for the CRM exams and can identify a gap that needs
filling, please let me know.  We'll consider fit to see if it can be
covered in the work.  If you have input in general, that is welcome,
too.

In the mean time, congrats to all those who have passed - and good
luck on those writing.  The process itself is tremendously valuable.

Regards,
John

John James O'Brien, BA, CRM, MALT

Partner & Managing Director